Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm Thankful for...

...No, this is not one of those "thank you" notes to my friends and family or a delayed Thanksgiving post. It's actually to God for creating these souls whose sole purpose in life is to amuse me. I can almost hear God's
words to them as he sends them on their journey to Earth.. "Go my children, make Guddi's life as blissful as you can. It isn't a hard job as she believes everyone around her is stupid and she is the smartest ass around, just make sure she finds you."... or something to that effect.

I am thankful for--
-The lead I work with who insists on pronouncing S with a Sh sound. But he is not always consistent, there seems to be a rule to it..
If 1st alphabet of word =S and/or
Number of S in the word = 1
Then pronounciation = Ss,
Else Sh.
Eg: Syshtematic, Startsh, Jusht, Lasht, Sandsh, Ashaaan, Shtarry (because you have only 1 S)etc.

- The random person who sends me an evite to attend a Lovely Dinner Party at her house without introducing herself. Evite further asks to get a "fabulous"dish. Now why the Eff am I gonna cook to make her dinner party lovely? Doesn't she know just my presence will make it perfect?? Seriously, people need to catch up with my reputation!
(BTW, out of the 6 people invited 4 declined, 2 didnt respond-party cancelled)

- Old man Chuck who sat across from me at work and farted his way to glory! The rest of us cube-ies would IM each other the sounds and discuss and argue about what he may have eaten. The new gal Crystal was made to sit on the other side of the wall from him and walked in one morning to hear Chuck rrripp it out. I swear I heard Crystal scream, "O Sweet Jesus!" in utter shock! Sharri, who sat kitty-corner from him started spraying air freshner over Chuck's head.

Need I say more?
Lord, bless these people with more lisps, stupidness and gas. They do bring me a lot of joy.

8 comments:

Sands said...

They amuse you and bring laughter to us through you :)

The Print Lover said...

I was browsing thro your old posts. The one about Kunnu aunty attending a wedding, had me ROFL. You are too funny for words :)

AverageJane said...

Needless to say, you are ROFL-worthy and your profile picture is awwww-worthy! :)

Guddi said...

Sands,
I feel like Santa spreading the joy!
TPL,
Kunnu aunty is a character I bet everyone should have in their lives.
AJ,
Awe worthy ki aww worthy?

starry eyed said...

Shtarry, eh? I feel drunk when I say that.

Sounds like so much fun! I'm gonna borrow a page from your book and laugh at people who annoy me, from now on!

Guddi said...

Do it, do it, Shtarry! Lots of maja comes! (my neice's literal translation of maja aaya- maja comes)! :)

Niv said...

Hey Guddi, write something funny, na please, I am checking everyday!:)

Guddi said...

Niv,
Fridays only, gal. Sabar ka fal is always sweet! :)