Friday, January 8, 2010

Bhoothnath

Shaant has been having weird thoughts about ghosts. So, I spent an hour last night laying down beside her and explaining with all my heart that there are no such things as ghosts, that whatever people claim to see or hear is all in their heads, that dim lights and silence plays a big role in making things sound weird.. blah, blah. Finally, she hugs me and goes off to sleep and I doze off as well. By the time I wake up it's 1 am and decide to go back to my bedroom. As I was closing her bedroom door, I hear something. I smile and shrug. I even think," O, that ghost is going to his momma claiming he saw fat human!" I hear it again. It was weird, almost like a "SSSSS.. TOK". I contemplate going back to Shaant's room so she doesn't wake up scared. I hold on to her door knob and hear it again .."SSSSS...TOK, SSSSS...TOK". I am about close to screaming but I walk a couple more steps.
It's FIL ...snoring!! ARGH!
So I walk towards my bedroom, the "SSSS...TOK" slowly fading away. By the time I reach the living room, I hear "SSSS... TOK" a lil louder and with every step it gets louder and louder. Now my heart is ready to jump out from anywhere it can. I freeze.. my mind running in several different directions.. back to Shaant? get the lights? call 911? go towards the "SSSS...TOK"? .. Yes, thats it. Towards the "SSSS.. TOK".

It was my FIL's son!! Same exact "SSSS... TOK"!!! I could strangle Mu-Man.
Why can't these guys go with the traditional "Grrrr... Hissss"???

13 comments:

Niv said...

ROTFl:)
Thank you for accepting my request so soon:)

You want ppl to even snore the way you want:)

You are amazing, man:)

june said...

Too funny! I would have been scared out of my wits!

Sands said...

Next time we chat I want to hear the sound effects live, deal?

Guddi said...

Niv,
See, I can be nice too.. sometimes and oblige. BTW, I seem to have issues with commenting on your posts.
June,
I was... but that emotion got took over by Psycho rage within a few seconds! :)
Sands,
Of course, you get the audio, video, pdf et al versions! :)

AverageJane said...

LOL. SnorersAnonymous!

Guddi said...

Absolutely right, AJ! I can almost hear him say ," My name is Mu man and I am a snorer. "

sraikh said...

hahaha..

DO you think the snoring gene is going to continue in your kids?

Guddi said...

O PLEASE DONT SAY THAT!! They are gals, who will marry them? I haven't collected enough Dahej for them too!!

The Print Lover said...

911: Yes Mam, whats your emergency?

Guddi: We have a snorer in the house.

This post was so simple and sooooo funny.

Guddi said...

TPL,
Make that 2 snorers. Thats a real emergency!! :)

starry eyed said...

Snoring is a language by itself, I think! Write a translation book.

Guddi said...

Translation book!? My ass! I'm thinking of how to choke snorers n not leave behind DNA!!!

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

I've heard that sound ... from my Grandma :) SSSS..TOK yep ... exact same sound