Friday, December 18, 2009

Till death do us part....

This year a friend is hosting the Christmas party with an international potluck theme. I sent her a note saying that I may have people visiting that day and would like to sign up for dessert-which she mentioned in her signup email to all of us. VD-ya goes and right royally signs up for walnut cake and sugar cookies. So I respond to the sign up sheet saying I'll get pasta and send it through some one if I can't make it on time, and also add a comment about VD-ya's "reading skills". 3.7 seconds later VD-ya calls me apologizing, justifying, trying to switch back blah blah. (I don't know why she fears me or thinks she needs to appease the goddess in me-I don't scare you, do I?)
Conversation:
Me: It's ok.
VD-ya : No, I can get the pasta, you make the dessert.
Me: It doesn't matter, I have ingredients for either and don't feel like changing again.
VD-ya : Ok, but if you feel like changing, just let me know and we can swap.
Me: Ya, whatever.
VD-ya : Itna daratha hai tu mereko...You won't let me die in peace too, will you? You may be the one haunting me, not the other way around.
Me: When will you die? It better not be in December..too many parties plus my bday. I ain't ruining them for your shok sabha.
VD-ya : Kamina! So then Jan. is ok? after New Year party?
Me: No, Mu-man's bday ,Valentines day, Spring break, Sand's bday, Shaant's bday....Umm.. How about June 1st week? We can be sad for a couple of weeks and then we need to plan for a vacation during 4th of July weekend.

Dial tone......
Whaaa!!!

10 comments:

shilpa said...

Hehehehehehehehe
Hey maybe you can have a vampire bite her when she is dying so she can become the cold one?

shilpa said...

I am going crazy!

Guddi said...

Shilpa,
ya you are.. but then I went through that obssession phase too and stared at certain people wondering if they could read minds or run fast!! :)

sm said...

lol

The Print Lover said...

Poor Vd-ya! Tu itna thraas nokko re.

(thats the longest marati sentence I know. So had to use it somewhere)

Guddi said...

sm,
welcome. :)

TPL,
that was not marathi..just give up, ya!! and don't poor Vd-ya.. she loves the abuse. :))

mim said...

totally looney. i am so glad you are blogging. cant let all this nuttiness be reserved only for fruitcakes

Guddi said...

MiM,
Reminds me when several years ago a colleague/friend called me "fruitcake" and I gave him my most yummy smile..he knew me too well and clarified, "I said 'fruitcake', not 'cupcake' so wipe that smile". Those were the innocent days!! :)

Niv said...

Hi there, visited your space for the first time and am RoTFl, simply looney as Mim says

Guddi said...

Niv!
Welcome! o ya its a looney bin here, awright!! :)