Friday, February 5, 2010

New old friends

Thanks to the big social network site, I found a whole bunch of kids I grew up with in Bombay!! It has been a blast from the past and when I call them, every 2 sentences ends up in giggles. I'm known to have great long term memory and these guys have been opening up more and more of my memory related cells and the laughter in my world has been beyond YUMMM!
To FB! love the way you connect the dots of my life! :)
************************************************
Langotiya Yaar says,"Tu pagal tha.. abhi Khatarnaak Maha Pagal hua hai!" (Translation does not do justice to these words but roughly it means," You were always crazy...now you are a Dangerous and Bigger Crazy!)
Could I get a bigger compliment!! :)
************************************************
Another sweetheart fuels my fire. Convo via Gtalk:
S: Hi yedi  (yedi in Bombaiyya= vedi in Marathi= crazy in English)
Guddi: HI!!!!!!!
S: What ghazal are you listening to?
Guddi: (!!!!) 'Aap ki yaad aathi rahi'.. but can't figure out what 'chashmanamm' means. My heads reeling. Looked all over the Internet and Farsi translation sites...
S: Yedi, it's 'chashm-e-namm'...meaning Eyes-e-moist!!
Guddi: OMG, I love you!!!! Marry me?
S: Bye, yedi!
*************************************************
Chikoo has a 5 year old baby gal. Convo:
Tia: Guddi aunty, aaj ten baje mera birthday hai! (It's my birthday at 10 o clock today!)
Guddi: Can I come?
Tia: Lekin, Mere yahan Sun hai...(But, I can see the Sun here...)
Guddi: Tho? (So?)
Tia: Mamma said, "When the Sun comes out here, the Moon comes out in Guddi Aunty's house!"
***************************************************
My fav. bacha (baby) friend, Seem had Kabir 2 weeks ago:
Email read:
Guddi di,
 aap Paati ho gaya. (You just became a Grandma). My Kabir is here....
***************************************************

Life's good, da! Life is fuckin good! Blowing some yumminess for all of you...

14 comments:

sraikh said...

Now have you had any requests from friends you rather not be friends with?
What did you do with those requests?

Guddi said...

S,
Great question.. and I have the best answer. I would click "Ignore" but realized that they would keep sending it, so now, I just sit on it.. it's in its folder tucked away! :)

Sands said...

now it;s your turn to come humor me :)

Average Jane said...

Friend who is about to get married is having jitters. Me to him: "I know, "happily married" is like the greatest oxymoron". Him: Swears and logs out.

I know no one can be as tongue-in=cheek-kick-a$$ as you but I'm still trying.. :)

Ana said...

Thats fantastic!! Enjoy .. live it up. At the risk of sounding a tad bit philosophical .. memories/happy childhood memories is what life is all about ..

Guddi said...

Sands,
Absolutely.. owe you the Sss..Tok and I secretly took a pic of this guy who joined the team.. will show you how he talks and what he does in meetings..See, I'm prepared for the weekend with you. :)
AJ,
I think you are the best friend there could be.. If they haven't made any payments yet.. tell him to run.. and scream "Run Forrest, run". If they have paid .. then go have fun at his cost! :)
Ana,
I'm blessed is all I can say!

Niv said...

I liked the paati bit the most!

starry eyed said...

The Sun-Moon logic was surreal!! Have fun!

The Print Lover said...

Guddi: OMG, I love you!!!! Marry me?
S: Bye, yedi!

HAHHAA! Mu-man probably has him warned :P

Guddi said...

Niv, I did too. She's my shweetest bacha!
Starry, I was dumb-founded.. it's soo good to be a part of their lives even with all this distance.
TPL, Mu-man has no idea.. so S is my latest khayali pulav!! :)

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

You rock !

Guddi said...

CA,
Don't know about me..but my life sure does! :)

sraikh said...

Dude, its friday..you missed quite a few fridays. Where are you?

Akhila said...

You are awesome! Ummma.