Monday, November 2, 2009

Was just born this way....

...The previous post had me thinking about when I not only turned into a meanie but became so proud of it too. My Ma said I was the sweetest thing and openly gave and was generous and considerate. I guess eventually puberty decided to say "Get Real!"
Some memories....
-Ms. Dandapani who lived a couple buildings from me in Bombay. We teased her "thanda pani (cold water)" and then I added " thanda pani garam pani" (cold water-hot water) to make it rhyme and then again I added "you dont pay your electricty bills, so you dont have hot water and now your name is Thandapani!!!" I soon got bored of it and realised that she was getting plump and her eyes were big almost to the point of bulging. So, Nish and me decided to call her Moti Billi (fat cat). Soon the entire area was calling her MotiBilli Thanda Pani!! Nish, what's her real name, ya?

-Kunj and me were always on the plumper side and there was this guy named Sanjay who had no business talking to us but decided to come over and call us Moti (fat). We ignored it a few times but then realized he just wouldnt stop. He was Albino and we were nice to him before this. After 2-3 times of being called Moti, we decided to call him American Sanjay! politically, soooo incorrect, na? .. but HE started it!!

-Nish thought neighboring building ka Susila (actually we dont know her name but there were a couple of Susila's in that building, so we named every girl that walked out of that place 'Susila')... Anyway, she thought Susila had stolen their Tulsi plant. So the 2 of us decided to hide behind buildings and trees everytime she was around and say " Tulsi Chor" (thief of the tulsi plant) in the most ghost like voice.. it was supposed to be her conscience!! This went on for years. I did it again about 4 years ago when I went back to Bombay. Though I was alone I hid behind a truck , tucking shaant and sanj behind me and making it all come back for her!! :P evil.. pure evil!!

I wish I could show my gleaming eyes!!

6 comments:

Sands said...

any doubts? Of course you were born this way ;) I remember Tulsi chor :)

Guddi said...

Poor gal, I think she's been therapy since and just when she was making progress, she hears it again..just that one time but she swears she heard it!! :)

shilpa said...

Stumbled across your blog today. Love the way you write.

Guddi said...

Shilpa, THANK YOU! :) It boosts my ego to hear people like the crazy! :)

The Print Lover said...

Tulsi Chor.. hahahhaha!

Hey we had a "Thanda pani" in college too. And we loving called him "waste water"

p.s: Blog hopped from Sands

Guddi said...

Hey PL. Thanks for hopping. With motivators like you, I may end up writing again every Friday... as planned.
LOL-waste water.. should tell Nish and continue the bullying all over again. :)