Friday, April 23, 2010

The wind beneath my wings....

... Well, maybe not wings.. more like huge flippers.So, does that make it "water beneath my flippers?" Or should I call it "land beneath my feet"? Coz really I don't fly ...or for that matter swim (well, I swim but not to go places.. mainly as a recreation). You know what, I say all of the above. Because...
-when I am high, she flies with me.
-when I am drowning, shes my buoy (which is saying a lot coz I can be pretty heavy).
-when I am running. she keeps my feet firm, smiles from afar and lets me run.

To a very special Sand, Happy Birthday BFF!
Looking forward to many more years of laughter, vacations and sandanistas shots!

6 comments:

Average Jane said...

What a nice post! A very happy birthday to the Sands who has stood the test of time. :)

The Print Lover said...

Wow! Happy B'day Sands. What a way to start the b'day!

"when I am high, she flies with me"

We know why.
Because Sands got high
On the sly.

Remember NY party?!
:P

Sands said...

And you so know I love you to death girl :) We need to do those sandanistas again one of these days. Hoping for many more years of Sasha conversations, girly gossip, navigation help and laughter galore with you by my side :)

@ TPL: There was nothing sly about the high. It was just an early start to a fun evening when my girlfriends weren't able to join me early :(

starry eyed said...

Running on 'sand' is supposed to burn more calories :-D

Happy birthday Sands! Echoing Guddi's wishes for you!

Guddi said...

AJ, all these years were just preliminary tests.. finals yet to come... I can "flying" colors. :)
TPL, no sly at NY party..we proudly tell the world how we fly and how we zzz!
Sand, I would like to think this is just the tip of the iceberg..can almost forsee many many more memories coming up for us.
Starry, when Sand runs, I'll surely cheer! :)

Ana said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, how sweet!! great to see lovey dovey friends :) :) :)