Saturday, May 30, 2009

I found some one who could shut me up!

So, I had a chat with Shaant on periods. I explained with a straight face what happens, how often, for how long etc. She patiently listened to me and asked me why it happens.
Me: Coz its nature's way of getting you ready to have babies.
Shaant: Since I know I don't want babies, can I maaf this? (my baby has started using my lingo!!)

Then I went on to explain the emotional changes she will go through and that Amma will probably be her best friend and talk her through most issues and that she could share anything with me.
Shaant: I do have something I feel I should share with you.
Me: OK, whats up?
Shaant: No, maybe not.
Me (heart pounding): No, its OK. Lets try this one.
Shaant (slowly): I really really feel it in my heart that I should get the latest Nintendo DS-I!!

I just full-stopped at that. Period gaya khadde me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! how old is she again??!!!
BTW, does'nt the birds and the bees talk follow this one?!!
:)
Gau

Guddi said...

She's 9 years old, but I figuered she should have some clue about this. I'm totally counting on Meg for the birds and bees talk...I might sit in for it too. :)

june said...

Hahahaha, this is hilarious.

Guddi said...

Yup June,
I got gals who have their priorities straight.