Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Wonders

Wonders

OK. Forewarning: Short and senti
Why?: Tis the season???

There are several times I have screamed, threatened and EB’d my kids.. much like normal parents. And every time the thoughts running in my head were, “O, how can they not see that it’s good for them?” Or “How many times do I have to tell them?” Or “I did all this for them and look at the attitude”.

  • I walked home last week and both kids were not yet home from swim lessons. I put my bags down instantly, cleaned up the kitchen counters, put away their bags, threw the endless realms of paper they make their sketches on and tidied the whole place. That night when we were having our daily chat, I wanted to show them by setting an example of what it is to clean up after themselves.
    Me: Did you have a long day at school today?
    Shaant: Yes, I am tired. How about you, amma?
    Me: Me too. I came home and cleaned up all the mess you guys made. Did you notice a clean home?
    Shaant: No
    Just when I felt bad and my mind went about creating one of those questions as usual, she said, “I was so happy when I saw your car in the garage. I didn't look at the house".

I hadn't seen that coming.

  • Sanj shared her chocolate with me today. I had definitely not seen that coming!!!

What I do see coming are ... the joys of motherhood.
Deck the halls with boughs of holly fa lalala la la la la la…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitnaa comment likhanekaa...abhee bore hua.....
BTW, they will surpise amma even more as the years pass by.
MD

Anonymous said...

I THOUGHT YOU WERE BABBI/GUDDI ! YOU ARE A MOTHER !